- What should consider before buying the best compound bow?
- Advantages of high quality compound bows
- Our Recommend Top 5 Best Compound Bow reviews
- Best compound bow for the money – Sas rage compound bow review (Our top pick)
- Best Youth compound bow – Genesis bow review
- Best hunting compound bow – Leader accessories compound bow review
- Best compound bow for beginners – Sas siege compound bow review
- Cheap compound bow – Barnett compound bow review
- In conclusion
Are you a hunter or a shooter? Have some bows let you down in the past? This compound bow guide at the bottom will help you make an informed decision when you go to purchase your next bow. Compound bows are considered the best bow on the market as they are extremely powerful, very accurate and the fastest in the world. Compound bows have taken over as the best and most used bows in the world as they are a favorite in the sport of archery. Traditional bows demand has gone down over the years. But how to select the best compound bow?
What should consider before buying the best compound bow?
If you are a beginner shooter, there are some basic features that you should look out for in a bow. But if you are a pro or master, you should consider selecting a bow with top features and not just its reputation in the market. There are several high quality brands in the market that come at a great price but are less known. Make a thorough research before choosing one and ensure you land on the best. Beware of names and terms used to blindfold you into buying a lesser effective bow for a particular price. So, pick the best bow for your age, money or sport. Below are some of the vital factors to view when choosing a bow to buy.
Compound bow length (Axle-to-Axle)
There are different varieties and length of bows to choose from. The length of bow that you pick relies on several factors such as; length of draw, personal stature, experience, shooting and hunting style. The length of the bow is from axle to axle or between the cams of the bow.
Best left handed compound bow or right handed Bow?
When choosing a bow, you should be able to determine whether the bow is right or left handed. It’s advisable to pick a bow based on your stronger eye and not stronger hand. Most of the bows made in the market today are left handed. 75% of the bows are left-off. And these are mainly applied by Archers in competitions.
Related: High Quality Trail Camera Reviews
The draw weight that you pick will determine your speed, range, and penetration of your arrow. Hence this will as well point out on the kinds of game you will hunt. The more weight the bow, the larger the kill. Large games are hunted using bows with foot pounds of more than 45, while small games require lightweight bows with a foot pound of less than 30. For instance; you can hunt down foxes and rabbits with a lightweight bow and use a bit heavier bow to hunt animals like antelope, deer, moose and bear. If you want to increase the speed and amount of energy from stroke, ensure you use the best compound bow that has a greater draw weight. If you are a newbie with bows, start with a low weight draw and increase slowly as you get experienced.
Selecting the Compound bows Draw Length
The draw length of a compound bow is the distance found between the bowstrings at still and at full draw. You should choose a bow with a favorable draw length that can be easily adjusted. It should be desirable to your gender, age and shooting level. In addition, it shouldn’t be too short or too long for you to fully maximize it. The draw length is a great feature to consider as it ensures you have a comfortable and very accurate shot.
Fastest compound bow?
Every compound bow comes with a feet per second rating. The FPS rating is the acceleration that the arrow gets as soon as it departs the bow rest. The speed of the bow is determined by different factors such as arrow weight, and draw weight. Here are the standards for speed rating by the International Bowhunting Organization; 30 inches length, draw weight 70 pounds and 350 gain arrow.
Compound bow brace height measurement!
The brace height is the distance between grip and rest string. In case of a shorter brace height, this allows the Archer to send off the arrows at a higher speed. This comes to happen as a result of a shorter distance providing room for more energy to be kept and unleashed. If you are a pro, a brace distance of 6 inches and below is ideal, but if you are a learner or beginner, 7 or more inches will be suitable for you.
Related: Best Air Rifle Reviews
Compound bow let off
The let off of the bow is another significant feature. The cams of the compound bow can be held at full draw while just using a little percentage of the draw weight. High and low let off have their own advantages and disadvantages. A lower let off raises the velocity of your arrow and a higher let off enables you to hold the bow a bit longer at full draw.
Best budget compound bow
A good thing to consider when choosing a bow is to know your budget. There are different brands of bows that are offered at different prices. If you are on a tight budget, you can get a highly performing bow at a very favorable price. But as well if you don’t mind spending some cash on a top quality bow, then be ready to break bank and get the best bows. As well, most of the bows sold online have discounts. The most expensive bows come with great features which provide you a great experience when using them for shooting and hunting.
Good beginner compound bow?
Choosing the bow to use depends on various factors such as for shooting sport or as a hobby. As well, your shooting style should be looked into when picking a bow. But, we don’t recommend very high price compound bow for beginners rather than a standard compound bow will fulfill their requirements.
Advantages of high quality compound bows
- Compound bows have a special release mechanism that makes it easy for the Archer to draw an arrow. You only need little energy to pull the cable into a full drawn posture. This mechanism ensures that you successfully shoot your target.
- These arrows are created using very durable materials. Most of the materials that compound bows are made of are aluminum alloy and carbon fiber. These materials are strong, light and very durable. They can withstand changes in temperature and humidity, thus are ideal for use in outdoor practices.
- They as well have a rubber block which provides a very effective shot. These blocks are the maximum area where you can draw your arrow. The gadget can be set to meet the Archer’s most preferred draw length.
- They will not break easily and you can carry comfortably.
- These bows are built with strong materials which are designed to perform better, be fast and very accurate at the same time.
- Compound bows are created with cams in order to increase speed. The cam feature of the compound bow makes it to be outstanding among other types of bows. The cams possess a specific design that improves the arrow’s speed during acceleration.
- Unlike traditional bows, the compound bow can easily be found in the market today due to their demand and are cheaper.
Our Recommend Top 5 Best Compound Bow reviews
When picking a bow for shooting or hunting reasons, be keen not to be excited by the great adverts or purposes praised about a certain brand of a bow. The overall performance of the bow depends on the Archer. In the same regard, you should go for a cheaper bow as a highly priced bow is likely to very powerful smooth to draw, easy to tune and are very fast. With this break-down, we selected some of the top compound bows to purchase for hunting or target practices.
Best compound bow for the money – Sas rage compound bow review (Our top pick)
The SAS Rage 70 Lbs compound bow performs well in shooting and hunting small game. It has a net weight of 4.4 pounds and a draw weight of 55 to 70 pounds. This means it’s ideal to use for hunting and in the sport of archery. This bow is easy to make much needed adjustments such as changing draw length or draw weight. It has ABS compressed limbs that provides strength, weight and balance to support the bow to be very durable.
This compound bow ensures that you hit your target accurately as it has a maximum speed of 270 FPS, which is great. When you loosen the weight of this bow, it reduces the draw weight by a minimum of 5 pounds and likewise, when you tighten it will increase by a maximum of 5 pounds. With such great features, this bow is very amazing to use and is available at a wonderful price.
- It has a camouflage design that helps it match with the surrounding area.
- This bow has a 70% let off effectiveness..
- It has a smooth draw cycle which is desirable for beginners.
- It is god to use when hunting small game with draw weight that ranges between 55lbs to 70 lbs.
- Can just be used by right-handed people.
- It has vibrating strings, thus you should add a noise dampener to tackle the issue.
Best Youth compound bow – Genesis bow review
We consider the Genesis Original Bow the best on our list and in the market. This is because this high quality compound bow is constructed with single cam technology which ensures that it has little turning problems, less noise, less recoil and provides accurate shooting. In addition, this brilliant bow has no any draw needs and can be used by different people as well as kids. It is very durable as it is built with machined 6061-T6 aluminum riser, has aluminum cam and an idler wheel.
It is a very effective with strong composite limbs and high strength bow strings. That’s why it’s an amazing bow starter for archers of all sizes, age and athletic capabilities. As well, it’s made in the USA and is the prescribed bow of the National Archery in the schools program.
- It is well priced.
- Is available for both left or right handed individuals.
- It has an adjustable of 10 to 20 pounds that enables starters to shoot better.
- The shots it produces are very accurate and has little noise.
- It is lightweight and easy to carry.
- It is good for beginners and not experts.
Best hunting compound bow – Leader accessories compound bow review
This is another highly performing compound bow. For experts, this is the best compound bow to use. It is made up of lightweight aluminum alloy to provide better strength and lower vibration. You can easily make draw weight or draw length adjustments by seeing the instruction(details instructions available with item). Its draw length can be easily adjusted from 19 inches to 29 inches with the help of adjustable setting option. It has a draw weight of between 30 to 55 lbs with 70% let off.
The Leader Accessories Tactical hunting compound bow is the only in the market who provides release aid, drop away arrow rest, fiber optics sight, peed sight, D string loop and wax. As well, it comes with Durable safety vest harness which is very helpful while you are outdoor hunting. Other accessories that accompany include with this bow are; 2 pcs 30 inches aluminum arrows, hunting hub blinds, shooting stick, hoist, gambrel system, one man chair blinds, doghouse blinds, large capacity tree stand, heavy duty game cart etc.
- It is very durable.
- Properly designed for easy use.
- Comes at a great price.
- Is easy to adjust.
- Is accompanied with several great accessories.
- Design little bit complex.
Best compound bow for beginners – Sas siege compound bow review
The SAS siege compound bow is great for rookies in the bow field. It can be found at a very favorable price which is ideal for beginners. This compound bow is very durable and a good quality for archers. It has a draw length of 29 inches and an axle to axle length of 41.4 inches. With a maximum speed of 206 FPS, you can be assured to have some accuracy when using this bow. Check Latest Price on Amazon
As well, it has a draw weight of 40 to 55 pounds and let off of 70%. If you loosen the bolt of this bow, it will lower the draw weight by around 5 pounds and if you tighten it, it will increase by around 5 pounds. The recommended arrows for use with this bow are 30 inch aluminum and carbon arrows. Also, it comes with paper target and a three year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Has a let off effectiveness of 70%.
- The back pivoting limb provides the bow with better accuracy.
- Weighing only 4 pounds, the bow is lightweight ad easy to carry with you.
- It has a draw length of 29 inches which is suitable for different archers.
- It is great for small hunting with 40 to 55 pounds.
- It used by right-handed individuals only.
- It is for adult use only.
Cheap compound bow – Barnett compound bow review
The Barnett Outdoor compound bow is one of the best in the market and sued a lot in the sport of Archery. This bow is simply designed and is great for shooting practices. The bow has a draw weight of 25 pounds and draw length of 24-26 inches. It is a very powerful bow ad can be adjusted easily by the archer. As well, it comes with adjustable sight for easy use with target arrow and finger rollers. It has ambidextrous handle with a soft touch grip for wonderful handling while shooting or hunting. Other features include a reinforced grip and visually improved cams.
Furthermore, it’s lightweight and thus easy to draw. The Barnett compound bow is a great fit for use by kids who are still learning how to become professional archers. If you are looking for the best compound bow brands then Barnett one of them no doubt that. Any man easily can use this but if you are woman and searching for the best womens compound bow then again barnett Outdoors is a great bow.
- Easy to adjust.
- Its lightweight and can be drawn easily.
- Has a nice grip for proper handling of the bow.
- Used by both left or right handed individuals.
- It is sturdy.
- Its powerful.
- The bow is easy to use.
- The draw is a bit heavy for the young kids.
As observed from the above reviews, there are various bows with diverse features, versatility and performance. Thus, picking the best depends on what you intend to do with the bow, its speed, cost and strength. Most of the manufacturers have in mind customer’s preference when they create the bows. That’s why we have many brands that are well designed, have proper settings and easy to use. With our top five list of the best compound bow in the market, you can easily pick your favorite bow. But, don’t hunt without knowing the state law.