- How to select the Best shooting glasses?
- Top 5 best shooting glasses reviews:
Shooting glasses play a major role in providing necessary eye protection for shooters and hunters. Whether you are at the range or outdoor shooting, you need these glasses. There are several glasses in the market today which can be worn but aren’t as effective as specified the quality shooting glasses. This is because normal glasses are not impact resistant and lack necessary designed to offer side protection of the eyes. So, what are the best shooting glasses for the money of 2019?
Most of the shooting practices occur at close proximity to the face such as handguns which are held at an arm’s length. This exposes the shooter to various harms like flying objects, dust, wind, sun and gun recoil. To avoid such hazards, it is recommended for one to wear protective shooting glasses. You also need ear muffs if you do any sound related work.
How to select the Best shooting glasses?
Not only do shooting glasses provide eye protection but they as well enhance a shooter’s or hunter’s view of their target. This is why it is a mandatory for shooters participating in a shooting competition to wear impact resistant glasses. Since there are hundreds of shooting safety glasses available in the market, choosing the best can be challenging. In the next paragraph, we have highlighted some of the vital features and factors you should consider in selecting the top shooting glasses for your purpose or designated environment.
Impact resistant safety glasses
First of all, the shooting glasses should be impact resistant. This feature comes with the lenses and it is rated by several agencies. The most notable rating agency is the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). It recommends at least a rating of Z87.1 plus (ANSI Z871+). Also, the glasses should be designed in a way that ensures they cover much of your eyes. Furthermore, a great and common feature found in almost all shooting safety glasses is that they are made from polycarbonate material. Polycarbonate is a strong material and ensures the longevity of the glasses. In addition, every type is able to offer at least 99.9% protection from dangerous UVA-UVB light.
What color’s of Shooting glasses should I get?
For greater performance of the shooting glasses, lens tints can be a crucial factor. Different colors or tints play different roles and are applied in varying environments by hunters or shooters as discussed below:
- Orange safety glasses: the orange tint helps to bar out blue light and haze and in the long run giving a better orange target. It is suitable for shooting orange clay targets and is used by many shooters.
- Pale yellow: the role of this tint is to brighten and contrast colors in low level lighting, which can be used at sunrise, sunset or in the evenings under artificial light. Similar to orange, this tint can be found in many protective glasses.
- Medium yellow lens: it is suitable for contrasts in dim light or when overcast. It is also desirable for enhancing orange clay targets.
- Clear: Colorless or clear tints come with a mirror coating that lowers glare and reflects light. It is ideal for use in both indoor and outdoor areas.
- Light purple: this color provides a clear contrast to the orange of the target. It emphasizes on a background of tall trees, as it is likely to dampen the green of the foliage and at the same time better the orange of the clay target.
- Dark purple: It works perfectly in snow and at a place with bright sunlight as it highly betters orange in the sky and lowers glare.
- Cooper polarized: this tint is suitable for shooting when there is bright sunlight and the target lies on a green background. This is because the blue light is blocked and contrast increased
- Brown lens: this tint is ideal for game hunters as it identifies the brown color of game birds and reduces light. It is used mostly during bright days when there is too much of a glare against an open background
- Grey/smoke safety glasses: this is another commonly used tint. It blocks glare and is ideal for using in the bright light area.
- Vermillion: this is a widely used tint which performs outstandingly in poorly lit backgrounds, like in the presence of trees. It is great for any person with red to green color blindness.
Top 5 best shooting glasses reviews:
The above factors will ensure that you get the quality glasses of your choice at a very favorable price. As well, we came up with five different shooting glasses which we think are the best in the market.
1. 5 interchangeable lens Radians shooting glasses review (Our top pick)
Featured with five interchangeable lenses which include; copper, clear, amber, green andorange, this is the best shooting glass for any kind of environment or weather. Its various lenses exceed the Z87.1+ set standard. Furthermore, its kit comprises of a neck cord, a cleaning cloth, additional nose-piece, a storage case and the five interchangeable lenses that we have just talked about.
They have a sleek design and are very comfortable to wear as you shoot or hunt in different weather or environments. Though it has a higher initial cost, but its great performance is worth every single coin spent on it.
2. Clear lens Remington T-72 Shooting glasses
As sporty as the Remington T-72 shooting glasses look, they really offer great protection toour eyes as we shoot. They have a clear lens which is ideal in use both indoor and outdoor. Furthermore, the lens offers 99.9% UV protection. The lens is made of an impact resistant polycarbonate material which not only matches but surpasses the ANSI Z87.1+ set standards.
These glasses can as well be bought together with lenses of copper, silver, amber and clear tints. For an accurate shooting view, the glasses contain wraparound lens. Finally, it has a hard coat lens that is scratch resistant.
3. Wiley-x saber advanced shooting glasses Review
Despite having top quality features, the Wiley-X saber comes at a very favorable price whencompared to its competitors with similar features. It is durable as it comprises of shatterproof optics which are very impact resistant. They also meet the protection standards for ML-PRF-31013.
Proper protection of the eye is fully enabled through the nylon based triloid frames. For vision protection, it has lenses blocking out 400 nanometers of the dangerous UV light rays. Other features include; a padded nosepiece, and 3 interchangeable lenses.
4. Smoke lens safety glasses – remington shooting glasses review
It’s not a surprise that we have two Remington shooting safety glasses on our list. Remington is one of the top producers of shooting glasses in the market. The Remington T-72 has a sleek design that is really captivating to the eye. They provide excellent eye protection and have smoke lens which blocks glare and are great when used in bright light.
It has a lens which is created using impact resistant polycarbonate material. In addition, the lens provides 99.9% UV protection and exceeds the set ANSI Z87.1+ requirements. Remington T-72 as well have a wraparound lens which gives an enhanced shooting view.
5. Radians clay pro shooting glasses review
With the vermillion lenses, the Radians clay pro shooting and safety glasses can be applied in diverse ways. First of all, they are ideal for people with red to green color blindness. They can also be applied in poorly lit areas. They comprise of a 7 base wraparound unilense to provide a clear shooting view.
The vermillion tinted glasses meet and exceeds the standards set by the ANSI Z87.1+. Other key features that they contain are a rubber nosepiece and silver metal temples. Their initial price is favorable and they are as well highly rated by their users with a great satisfaction.
Before you acquire best shooting glasses, first, you have to understand how effective they will be for your intended application. Know your environment very well and acquire glasses that will perform excellently in it. The glasses should be comfortable enough and should fit you well. But the most important factor that they should possess is to be very protective to the eye.